Thursday, September 17, 2009

Amy Stocks Taco Soup



I had this tonight at a church recipe exchange. It was so good. Thanks Amy!

1 lb. ground turkey or hamburger
1 packet taco seasoning (About 2 Tbsp)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can chicken broth
1 c. Ketchup

Brown meat. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer one hour or longer. Can be dumped in a crock pot for the afternoon.

Note Added March 31, 2010
This is one of very few recipes I haven't felt the need to doctor and tweak.

I had leftover hamburger one night and planned on using it up with this recipe. The night before I wanted it I threw all the ingredients together in a large tupperware and just put it in the ridge. The next night for dinner all I had to do was pour the tupperware into the crock pot and I had a mess free dinner in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment