Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stir Fry

Nothing too new here, this is how I make stir fry to accommodate all the different tastes in my family. I also like to add some cauliflower when my hubby isnt around. Any combination you like works. Other beans besides the kidney beans work great, they white kidney are just my favorite.



1 bag frozen pea pods
1/2 bag matchstick carrots
1 can baby corn, drained
1 onion, sliced (red onions are great)
2 or 3 stalks celery, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 can white kidney beans, drained


Saute onions and celery until almost tender. Add carrots and peas and heat until cooked. Add corn, beans, and bell peppers. Saute until peppers are slightly tender. Serve over rice

I sometimes make this sauce to serve over it.

2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp ground ginger
3/4 c. water
1 vegetable bouillon cube (Sometime beef instead)
several drops sesame oil
Boil all together until bouillon is dissolved. Combine
1 Tbsp. cornstarch and enough water to make a paste, stir into both and heat, stirring, until thickened

No comments:

Post a Comment