Saturday, September 4, 2010

Caramelized Quinoa and Black Beans

I just made this again tonight and I used half quinoa and half brown rice. Both of which I cooked in Edward and Sons vegan chicken flavored bouillon. Regular chicken bouillon would be fine, I just was trying to get rid of the other so I didn't have it in my cabinet taking up space.


2 Tbsp. butter (or all olive oil)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, cut in half from the root and sliced
large pinch sugar
1 can corn
1 large carrot, grated
1 can black beans
1 can jalapenos
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 c. cook quinoa
Mortons Nature Seasons o taste

Melt butter and oil in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until tender. Add sugar and let the onions brown a bit. Heat, stirring occationally until the onions are caramelized. Add the corn. Let the corn caramelize a bit too. Add the carrot, jalapenos, green onion and black beans. Heat through. Add the quinoa and toss to coat. Taste and sprinkle with nature seasons to taste.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jules! First let me say I love your blog. Second, thanks so much for the great contribution you are making to the not-just-recipes website as well!

    Now this is a terrific recipe. I love quinoa and black beans so this pairing really works for me! Thanks for posting.

    Rich from NJR

    ReplyDelete