Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cabbage Salad

My mom used to always make this salad with all chicken. I just swapped out half the chicken for lentils.

Salad
1/2 small head of cabbage
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 pkg, oriental ramen noodles, crushed
3 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 c. slivered almonds
1/4 c. dry lentils
1 c. chicken broth

Dressing
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. oil
3 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
flavor packet from Ramen noodles

Cook lentils until tender in chicken broth. Meanwhile, chop cabbage into small bite sized pieces. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss together all salad ingredients including cooked lentils. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try this, I don't know if it can top the last salad I had though, http://www.capturinghappiness.com/the-perfect-summer-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much can top steak though. I hope you enjoy this recipe and looking around the rest of my blog. Thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete