Sunday, July 19, 2009

White bean pitas

Pick the fillings you like, they are mostly all optional. Also I dont buy greek seasoning I mix my own. I haven't needed to in forever though and can't find my recipe, I just google a recipe. I also use just a pinch of cinnamon, most call for more. This can be done in tortillas as wraps instead of pitas, whatever you have on hand.

Pita Pockets
Hummas
1 can White beans
Greek seasoning
Cucumber sauce
Romaine lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
Feta cheese
Chopped kalamata olives

Rinse and drain white beans. Toss with a little greek seasoning. Spread pita with hummas and fill with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and seasoned beans. Drizzle with cucumber sauce.

Cucumber Sauce
8 oz. sour cream
1 large cumber
2 LARGE cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. lemon juice
dash tabasco
1/4 tsp dill
salt to taste

Peel cumber and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape put seeds with a spoon. Grate remaining cucumber. Stir into sour cream. Add lemon dill and salt to taste. add dash tabasco and stir in garlic. Serve with whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment