Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Squash Gratin with White Beans

If a squash recipe could be described as decadent, this would be it. The original recipe is meant as a side dish, but I think it would make a lovely light meal with a can of drained and rinsed white beans gently tossed in.

The original recipe is here: Summer Squash Gratin

I made a few modifications which I've listed below:

I used only 1/4 cup of olive oil in the sauce, and two large cloves of garlic. I thought the smaller amount of oil was plenty, if your mix seems too dry you could add more 1 T at a time.

I used paprika instead of red pepper, because the little people in my household don't do spicy too well.

I used good parmesan instead of gruyere, because that's what I had in my fridge (although I'm sure the gruyere would have been delicious!).


No comments:

Post a Comment